Mount Olivet Baptist Church seeks a Youth Minister (part-time).
The youth minister is a staff member of Mt. Olivet Baptist Church and is accountable to the church membership through supervision of the Pastor and or Administration Committee. The Candidate will be responsible for providing leadership of all church youth (grades 6 – 12) activities.
1. A heart for youth.
2. Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent plus two years of experience in working with a youth program in a Christian Ministry environment.
3. A spiritual life demonstrated by personal commitment to the Christian faith, believer’s baptism, and the Lordship of Christ, the leadership of the Holy Spirit, and a disciplined devotional and prayer life.
4. The ability to work in a team setting, demonstrating responsibility to assigned tasks, meeting schedules, and being creative and energetic in the development of effective ministries. Demonstrate an ability to work effectively with others.
5. A working knowledge of current trends in youth and small group ministries.
1. Be available, on average, 18-20 hours per week for youth activities. Attend church on Sunday for Sunday School and Worship. Attend Wednesday evenings for dinner and plan and lead weekly youth group meetings. Plan and implement youth activities throughout the year.
2. Demonstrate the ability to work as a part of a team, including volunteers, the Pastor, and other Church staff and committee members in order to serve the Church Collectively.
3. Be available to communicate with and counsel youth and or families who may need spiritual or other direction. Be prepared to offer a referral to the pastor and/or a qualified professional counselor.
4. Implement any and all church policies regarding safety of our Youth.
5. Serve on the youth Committee as an ex-officio member and on Church Council.
6. Attend Weekly Staff meetings.
7. Act as a representative of MOBC inside and outside of the church, including all social media platforms.
8. Join MOBC as a member.
9. Other duties as assigned.