Carolyn Hollins Memorial Camper Scholarship
For CrossRoads Camp and Conference Center, Lowesville, VA
This scholarship was established by the Woman’s Missionary Union of the Dover Baptist Association in memory of Carolyn Hollins.
Qualifications and Guidelines
Scholarship aid shall be given to qualifying applicants who attend Girls in Action (GAs), Royal Ambassadors (RAs), Challengers, Acteens, Children in Action (CAs), Youth on Mission (YOM) or other children’s missions organization, ages 8 (by the time they arrive at camp) through age 17. Scholarship applicants must attend a church affiliated with the Dover Baptist Association. Applicants are eligible for one scholarship per camping year.
1. Applicants for the Carolyn Hollins Memorial Camper Scholarship should be actively attending GAs, RAs, Challengers, Acteens, CAs, YOM or other children’s missions organization. Applicants must be recommended for the scholarship by the GAs, RAs, Challengers, Acteens, CAs, YOM or other children’s missions organization leader and the WMU director or pastor of the local church they attend.
2. Applicants must meet the requirements for summer campers at CrossRoads. Applicants must be willing to assume all responsibilities for travel expenses and personal safety. Please see camp website for more information, www.crossroadscamp.com
3. Leadership qualities will also be a determining factor in the selection of the recipient. The missions organization leader will include in the recommendation examples of this quality of the applicant.
4. After their camp experience, applicants are required to write a one-page summary of “What I Learned or Experienced at Camp”. Please complete and send this within 30 days after your camp experience. This should be mailed to: Carolyn Hollins Scholarship, DWMU, PO Box 6128, Ashland, VA 23005. The leader may assist the camper with this assignment.
5. A maximum of two scholarships will be awarded each year. Scholarship approval is subject to available funds and space at CrossRoads Camp.
6. Applications are due to the Dover Office no later than March 1 by 3:00 pm and should be mailed to Carolyn Hollins Scholarship, DWMU, PO Box 6128, Ashland, VA 23005.
7. Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by the Dover Baptist Woman’s Missionary Union Council. Scholarship recipients will be sent a letter of confirmation by March 31.