Mount Olivet Baptist Church seeks a Music Minister (part-time).
The music minister is a staff member of Mt. Olivet Baptist Church and is accountable to the church membership through supervision of the Pastor and or Administration Committee. The candidate will be responsible for providing leadership of all church music activities.
1. A heart for worshiping GOD through music.
2. Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent plus two years of experience in working with a music program in a Christian ministry environment.
3. A spiritual life demonstrated by personal commitment to the Christian faith, believers baptism, and the Lordship of Christ, the leadership of the Holy Spirit, and a disciplined devotional and prayer life.
4. The ability to work in a team setting, demonstrating responsibility to assigned tasks, meeting schedules, and being creative and energetic in the development of effective ministries. Demonstrate an ability to work effectively with others.
5. A working knowledge of both traditional and contemporary Christian music
6. Experience leading worship in a Christian environment.
7. Computer skills sufficient to search the internet and appropriate websites to find both recorded backgrounds as well as published Christian music for use in our church services.
1. Be available, on average, 18-20 hours per week for church music preparation, practice, and performances. Plan on being at church for Sunday services and Wednesday evenings for choir rehearsal.
2. Demonstrate the ability to work as a part of a team, including volunteers, the Pastor, and other Church staff and committee members, in order to serve the church collectively.
3. Provide direction and assistance in seeking out new musical talent from the church body.
4. Coordinate and Direct congregational music during all worship services and specialty services.
5. Serve on the Music and Worship Committee as an ex-officio member and on Church Council.
6. Attend weekly staff meetings.
7. Act as a representative of MOBC inside and outside of the church, including all social media platforms.
8. Join MOBC as a member.
9. Work under the direction of the Pastor to coordinate worship on Sunday and special events.
10. Other duties as assigned.