Black Creek Baptist Church seeks a Minister of Music (part-time).
1. Supervised by the Pastor.
2. Evaluated annually within month of hire by Pastor, Church/Staff Liaison Committee and Choir.
3. Meet with the Leadership Council on a regular basis.
4. Work cooperatively with other church staff.
1. Direct the planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating of music program including choirs, vocal and/or instrumental ensembles.
2. Following the guidance of the Holy Spirit, lead the congregation in worship and praise during designated times of worship.
3. Ensure all hymns, choruses, songs and other presentations are theologically orthodox, relevant and in honor of Jesus Christ.
4. Assist and work closely with the Pastor in planning all services of worship.
5. Supervise the work of the assigned volunteer and/or paid musical staff workers.
6. Educate children, youth and adults as to historical and theological significance of music in the church.
7. Identify, enlist and train leaders for church music ministry.
8. Serve as a member of the church leadership council and attend regular meetings.
9. Coordinate the church music program with other church events on the calendar.
10. Maintain the music library, materials, supplies, instruments and other equipment.
11. Supervise audiovisual, computer graphics, etc. inputs as they pertain to worship.
12. Maintain flexible office hours as agreed upon with the Pastor.
13. Attend weekly staff meetings
14. Prepare and administer an annual music and worship budget with assistance from the worship ministry team.
15. Arrange and provide music for weddings, funerals, special programs, ministries and other church related activities on request.
16. Exhibit a personal passion for teaching.
17. Possess an adequate knowledge of music theory.
18. Have an intermediate skill level of a musical instrument.
19. Fulfill other ministries as assigned by the Pastor.
6289 McClellan Road, Mechanicsville, VA 2311
Please send resumes via email: Bliz0204@yahoo.com